She Forum Africa is an organisation that provides the perfect window to spark shifts in our continent’s value systems as they impact women across development and decision-making spheres.
Undoubtedly, what the WOMAN brings to the global development agenda is fortitude, a level of conscientiousness, and the commitment to see things through. If there was ever a time when the wisdom and resilience of women was needed to address persisting development issues especially as they affect women in Africa, it is now!
She Forum Africa 2017
THEME: EVOLVE or Be Left Behind
Consequently, on Thursday 25th May, 2017, women from multiple generations will come together at the brand new ultra-modern NAF Conference Centre, #496 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kado, Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City for the 4th She Forum Africa Conference, a one of its kind convergence of women whose voices, leadership antecedents, business accomplishments and entrepreneurial feats are disrupting traditional notions of gender, feminism and everything between.
She Forum Africa 2017 theme “EVOLVE or Be Left Behind” is a reflective and dynamic Call to Action for women from all socio-economic backgrounds. It is an unmissable opportunity to refresh our minds on what it means to stay vital and relevant in a constantly and rapidly changing ecosystem.
She Forum Africa is a pan-Africa women development, leadership and lifestyle organisation which vision is guided by the following objectives:
- To bring women together to identify persisting gender issues hindering the growth and stifling the productivity of women and girls in local communities.
- To provide women with capacity building tools that will enable them achieve sustainable livelihoods.
- To advocate and create awareness on health issues that affect women’s productivity especially among vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- To redefine & help articulate new and current gender priorities and map out contemporary strategies of addressing them.
- To cultivate a strengthened network of emerging voices for the effective representation of Women and girls’ issues across decision-making platforms.
- To partner with development institutions to create and expand opportunities for women-led innovations and STEM Education.
- To inspire, mentor, and expose more women and girls to entrepreneurship as we migrate from the MDGs to the SDGs and their implications for livelihood sustainability.
- To showcase the achievement of women role models and foster a new generation of women in elective and appointive leadership positions towards achieving Planet 50-50 by 2030.